The newly founded KTH Innovation Award aims to honour those from KTH who have made an exceptional contribution to solving society´s greatest challenges with innovation. After a generous donation from Mathias Uhlén, Professor at KTH and Spotify Founder and CEO Daniel Ek in 2020, it will be handed out annually – from 2021 for a minimum of ten years – with a 500 000 SEK monetary prize.
Daniel Ek and Mathias Uhlén /Photo: Spotify and Alessandro Bellini via KTH Innovation
Who can you nominate for the award?
A recipient of the KTH Innovation Award can be one or several individuals who are, or have been, affiliated with KTH through research or education. It is someone who has taken an active role in creating a brighter tomorrow. The following three traits will be rewarded:
- Creativity: to have shown an ability to think in new ways and take a different approach to solving established issues
- Grit: to tirelessly and passionately have worked towards a vision
- Courage: to have dared to take on big challenges to reach an important goal
The recipient shall also:
- be or have been a researcher at KTH, or;
- be or have been an employee at KTH, or;
- be a student or have studied at KTH for a substantial time, or;
- in another way have a strong connection to KTH;
- have founded one or several companies, or;
- have contributed to innovations in existing companies, for example with patents, or;
- in other ways transferred or utilized knowledge in society
This is not just an award for those who have made the most money, it’s about those that keep trying and really push boundaries.
Head of KTH Innovation
Read more and nominate your candidate until 15 April here.